Re: (PM) Yellow Alarm problems on Line1 of PM-3

Thomas Kinnen (tkinnen@livingston.com)
Thu, 04 Feb 1999 20:41:05 -0800

"Thomas M. Bridge" wrote:

> We recently installed a new Channelized T-1 to one of our PM-3's. It has
> not worked since installation, and continues to show a Yellow alarm. I have
> checked and rechecked the wiring, and the phone company (US West) that the
> T-1 checks out without any problems. Below is the listing on the line. Any
> ideas where I should look next?

>From http://www.livingston.com/tech/docs/command/isdn_pri.html

Blue--Unframed all ones (1s) signal.

Yellow--D4 bit2, D4 12th F-bit, or extended superframe (ESF) mode (framing)
signal.

Receive Carrier Loss--Loss of carrier signal.

Loss of Sync--Device loss of synchronization signal.

Check with settings of the line and have the telco check the switch and not
the paperwork.

----
Thomas C Kinnen - <tkinnen@livingston.com> <tkinnen@ra.lucent.com>
"All of the opinions stated above are my own and not my employer's,
unless they were given to me by my employer"