Re: (PM) No answers!

Ted Bogeman (tbogeman@nnex.net)
Thu, 04 Feb 1999 08:29:22 -0600

I was having the same dead air problem.. Solution : Check with telco on signaling. I
had the PM set to loop start and the telco was wink start. This is a cascading
problem, because when a port is hit during the test phase of a modem then when the
caller hangs up the port is still attached to that modem.. You can verify this with
PM vision. The modem will say ready, and also so an s port number. Shouldn't be.
Rebooting is the only way to clear this. Anyway after setting the pm to wink start,
no more dead air.

Shawn Ring wrote:

> I have PM3s using channelized T1s. I am experiencing, to often to ignore,
> problems where a customer will dial in and get no answer. It ill just
> remain silent, not even a ring. I have plenty of lines ready to except the
> calls. I see them close to fill up every night. But this problem happens
> anytime during the day and I have PM3s available. Could this be a telco
> issue, or are the PM3s just not answering?
>
> I am also finding 2 portmasters with a bad modem. I have put in "set m32
> off" to busy the bad ones out (neither of them are m32, I am just using
> this one as an example), will that cause the issue in the first paragraph?
>
> Thank you ahead of time for your help!!
>
> Shawn
> -
> To unsubscribe, email 'majordomo@livingston.com' with
> 'unsubscribe portmaster-users' in the body of the message.

Regards,
Ted Bogeman
President
Northern Net Exposure