Re: (PM) User can't get to DNS, but IP works?

Doug Chapman (dougc@wvi.com)
Wed, 03 Feb 1999 20:08:27 -0800

Try this, its a long shot-

Search the root directory for an errant win.com and delete it. See:

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q162/8/11.asp

for reference. We ran into this once long ago. Seems a win.com file in
the root blows up DNS and address resolution when using the MS TCP/IP stack.

<snip>

--

Doug Chapman Network Administrator Stayton Cooperative Tel. Co. Willamette Valley Internet, LLC