Re: (PM) New PM user Q. What do you think of the PM? (fwd)

Christopher E. Brown (cbrown@denalics.net)
Tue, 2 Feb 1999 14:54:18 -0900 (AKST)

On Tue, 2 Feb 1999, MegaZone wrote:

> Once upon a time Jake Messinger shaped the electrons to say...
> >> A T3 is nothing for the phone company. Most likely they will have an
> >> OC12, maybe OC48. The only ones who are limited is the cable company, the
> >Does OC 48 exist yet?
>
> Has for a while, I know at least up to OC-192 is available - that's the
> speed of the fiber GTE is laying now. We have OC-12 lit, some OC-48
> should be up this year if it isn't already.
>
> Oh - and I'm forfeiting my trip to Hawaii to go to ISPF2. So I hope some
> of you show up. ;-)
>
> -MZ

The local telco (60,000 person service area) has OC12s online for
some of the local SONET rings and is talking of bumping the main interlink
to OC192 from OC48. If a local telco in Alaska has em I would hope that
ones servicing millions would have em avail.

----
As folks might have suspected, not much survives except roaches,
and they don't carry large enough packets fast enough...
--About the Internet and nuclear war.