Re: (PM) New PM user Q. What do you think of the PM? (fwd)

I don't work for Lucent RABU (livingston@iav.com)
Tue, 2 Feb 1999 15:34:56 -1000 (HST)

On Tue, 2 Feb 1999, MegaZone wrote:

> Once upon a time Jake Messinger shaped the electrons to say...
> >> A T3 is nothing for the phone company. Most likely they will have an
> >> OC12, maybe OC48. The only ones who are limited is the cable company, the
> >Does OC 48 exist yet?
>
> Has for a while, I know at least up to OC-192 is available - that's the
> speed of the fiber GTE is laying now. We have OC-12 lit, some OC-48
> should be up this year if it isn't already.

http://www.qwest.com/ipcommerce/highspeedint.html
With 55,500 miles of massive OC-48 capacity, speeds of up to two terabits
per second, and one of the world's most reliable fiber backbones, the
Qwest Macro CapacitySM

At least they say it's working ;)

> Oh - and I'm forfeiting my trip to Hawaii to go to ISPF2. So I hope some
> of you show up. ;-)

Oh, poo! I guess I'll meet you in November MZ! 8)

--
Aloha from Paradise,

Sherwood Got Clue? If so: ISPF! The Forum for ISPs by ISPs, <http://www.ispf.com>