Re: (PM) Still dont see network neighborhood

Thomas C Kinnen (tom@lcp.livingston.com)
Sun, 26 Jul 1998 11:51:51 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 26 Jul 1998, Jake Messinger wrote:

> see anything in network neighborhood. I CAN go to dos and do a net use
> command to map the network drives on the local network and that WORKS, but
> Im just not seeing anything in network neighborhood. What else do I need
> to do?

Few things:

1) have you tried to enter your windows server directly into your dial up
connection?

2) since net use is working wither the LMHOSTS is working for WINS is.
try a 'NET VIEW \\DOMAIN' or just a 'NET VIEW' and see if you get anything

3) Does the remote computer have the same domain/workgroup name as the
remote network? If not try changing it to the same.

----
Thomas C Kinnen - <tom@lcp.livingston.com>
[Test Engineer] - LUCENT Technologies - Remote Access Business Unit
<URL:http://www.livingston.com/> * <URL:http://www.lucent.com/dns/>