Re: (PM) Slow PM2

Thomas C Kinnen (tom@lcp.livingston.com)
Sat, 25 Jul 1998 10:13:06 -0700 (PDT)

On Sat, 25 Jul 1998, James Lunghabo wrote:

> being slowed down via my PMs. I want to find out apart from the options
> one can change in radius to speed up the process, what could cause the
> portmaster to authenticate slowly ?
> hardware is PM2e ComOS 3.3.2 and 3.7.2 (two 30 port portmasters). Actually
> since they were bought no change has been done to them even hardware wise.

What verion of Radius and what mode are you running it in. If it is flat
file mode as you add more users it takes longer to search the file to the
end. IS the radius server pulling double duty (ie WWW and mail also). if
so are these services being used more then in the past?

Tom

----
Thomas C Kinnen - <tom@lcp.livingston.com>
[Test Engineer] - LUCENT Technologies - Remote Access Business Unit
<URL:http://www.livingston.com/> * <URL:http://www.lucent.com/dns/>