Re: (PM) Incorrect Acct-Termination-Cause

Miquel van Smoorenburg (list-portmaster-users@news.cistron.nl)
24 Jul 1998 12:19:57 GMT

In article <Pine.3.89.9807240723.E22338-0100000@onramp.freeway.net>,
Charles Scott <cscott@freeway.net> wrote:

>Russ:
>
> This is something we noticed a while ago. It was described to me at the
>time by Livingston tech support as being correct. What they say is that a
>lost connection due to something like pulling the line out of the back of
>the user's modem while it's connected results in the telco issuing a
>disconnect to the PM. It's as if the user at the other end of the phone
>hung up the line. So, it's called a "User-Request" disconnect.

Yes but there are different "User-Request" disconnects. I hacked my copy
of radiusd so that it can rudimentarily decode the Vendor-Specific attributes
in the logfiles (I was really curious :)) and this is what I see:

$ grep Vendor-Specific detail | sort -u
Vendor-Specific = "V307:T2:L14:Host Request"
Vendor-Specific = "V307:T2:L14:Idle Timeout"
Vendor-Specific = "V307:T2:L14:Lost Carrier"
Vendor-Specific = "V307:T2:L29:User Request - PPP Term Req"
Vendor-Specific = "V307:T2:L36:User Request - Call Circuit Closed"
Vendor-Specific = "V307:T2:L39:User Request - Normal LAPM Disconnect"
Vendor-Specific = "V307:T2:L40:User Error - PPP NCP Active to Request"

Mike.

--
 Miquel van Smoorenburg | Our vision is to speed up time,
    miquels@cistron.nl  |   eventually eliminating it.