Re: (PM) MZ flames a git

Scott Rothgaber (scott@easley.net)
Thu, 23 Jul 1998 23:31:07 -0400

On 23 Jul 98, at 18:27, MegaZone wrote:

> This is a flame.

[SNIP]

> Once upon a time Charlie Pauch shaped the electrons to say...
> >> Once upon a time John Lange shaped the electrons to say...

[SNIP]

> What flavor MORON are you?

I think I understand where he is coming from, MZ. Here's a crude
analogy:

I used to fly for the MD Army National Guard. Once Moscow Willy took
orfice, er, I mean office, the training budget all but disappeared.
The next thing you know, there's no more money to pay us for flight
hours. "OK, don't fly," you say? Yeah, right. No hours on the stick,
no flight status. (Besides, once you've flown multi-ship tactical
missions under night vision goggles, what else IS there? ;-) )

Next thing you know, all kinds of new shit starts showing up at the
flight facility: Repainted hangar floor ($10,000), new TV's (@ $800),
new furniture, awnings, landscaping, etc. The first thing we want to
know is where the fuck THAT money came from! We were told that it was
a separate fund, and that the facility commander was not allowed to
spend it on training.

Despite the fact that it was a separate fund, NO ONE wants to see
money being spent while they're not gettin' paid! Get it? Like I
said, it's not EXACTLY the same thing, but I see where John was
coming from: The only progress he cares about is ComOS. Who really
gives a fat rat's ass about the Web site at a time like this? The
timing stinks... It just gives the wrong impression.

There's something else I have to say, MZ... It is clear that you have
forgotten more about this business than some of us will ever know,
but you draw a check every Friday, right? Some of us have SUBSTANTIAL
amounts of money (and OTHER people's money) invested in these
businesses, and it's sink or swim. We have wives, children, mortgages
and car payments. Now while I could not care less about when V.90
comes out, I can certainly see why some of my bretheren get nervous
when it comes to lost income, REGARDLESS of the amount. Yes,
everybody's sick of hearing about it, but bear the above in mind
before you lay some poor slob out for getting nervous, OK? ;-)

Seeya!
Scott

* *
* Easley Internet Solutions AIM: ExCavSGT *
* Easley, SC USA ICQ: 10722606 *
* http://www.easley.net 864.859.2400 *
* *