Re: (PM) New website www.livingston.com

Doug Hass (dhass@roughstock.com)
Wed, 22 Jul 1998 17:01:39 -0500 (EST)

Well, I won't stop doing business because of the "we don't support linux"
stuff. I support Linux. As long as THEY support the PM, I don't care.
I'll take care of the Linux side for myself.

As for the Web site, it breaks with IE 3.02 and earlier versions, too.
Someone at Lucington went a little wild with the Java. The page is
totally useless unless you have the right browser--that's DEFINITELY not
the way to code HTML. I'm glad that I have 4.0 installed and I'm not on a
machine that either a) doesn't have 4.0 or Netscape or b) is on a command
line and uses lynx

I used to use Lynx to navigate the site and download all sorts of
things directly to servers. Now, not only can I not do that, the site
barely works under Windows.

Memo to Lucington Webmaster: DITCH THE JAVA!

Just my $.02

Doug