RE: (PM) More on 3.8b17 (BETA!)

Mikael Hugo (mikael.hugo@dataphone.net)
Mon, 20 Jul 1998 22:17:00 +0200

Agee 100% wih you.

I think that the beta discussion should be moved onto a seperate list,
as it is destroying this list with lots of buzz.

The volume on the list has dramatically increased since the betas, and
the increase in whining, complaining, etc makes it hard to find the
letters with requests for help or even relevant betadiscussions.

I have over the past weeks grown REALLY tired of the discussions
regarding non working betas, that doesent lead anywhere.

I tested the betacode, and found it broken then backed down again.

Heck - When you betatest a Windows and it eats your harddrive and fries
your CPU you dont go and scream at Microsoft. You scream at Microsoft
when the production version doesent work.

I wont answer on any complains about the betas anymore, unless for good
discussion that brings out stuff that we or lucent can use.

That way I help in minimizing the volume on the list, and please answer
directly to the writer if your reply doesent contribute to the rest of
the readers - Not to the list.

Best Regards

Mikael Hugo
Dataphone Sweden

dataphone communication networks
http://www.dataphone.net

tel 08 - 566 106 00 / 031 - 758 06 00 / 040 - 698 06 00
fax 08 - 566 106 01 / 031 - 758 06 01 / 040 - 698 06 01