RE: (PM) Problem connecting IRX-114 & Ascend P130-V35

Chad Bryant (chadb@livingston.com)
Fri, 17 Jul 1998 11:01:38 -0700

This appears to be a problem in that Communication is only one way. You
receive no acknowledge of the Request sent out(neither LCP_CONFIGURE_ACK,
LCP_CONFIGURE_NAK nor LCP_CONFIGURE_REJECT) You should check to see if the
Ascend is receiving the LCP_CONFIGURE_REQUEST's and what the response is on
the Ascend side.

hope this helps,
chadb

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-portmaster-users [mailto:owner-portmaster-users]On Behalf Of
Xavier Mertens
Sent: Friday, July 17, 1998 5:40 AM
To: portmaster-users@livingston.com
Subject: (PM) Problem connecting IRX-114 & Ascend P130-V35

Hi!

We have a customer switching his P130-V35 from an ISDN account to a
128Kb leased line. The other point is connected to an IRX-114.

P130 is a.b.c.d/e
IRX is v.w.x.y/z

I'm 100% that the line is up (we tested the line with a Cisco in place of
the Ascend, works perfectly!)

I set "debug 0x51" on the IRX and get always the following error:

Sending LCP_CONFIGURE_REQUEST to port S2 of 10 bytes containing:
01 10 00 0a 05 06 e7 dc 31 5e
Sending LCP_CONFIGURE_REQUEST to port S2 of 10 bytes containing:
01 11 00 0a 05 06 e7 dc 31 5e
Sending LCP_CONFIGURE_REQUEST to port S2 of 10 bytes containing:
01 12 00 0a 05 06 e7 dc 31 5e

then...

Connection Failed
Enabling port S2

etc...

Any idea?

                                         .   .
Xavier Mertens,                     .     EuroNet Internet
Network Operation Center          .       Lozenberg, 22
                                 .        1932 Zaventem
`finger xavier@oban.euronet.be` .         Tel: +32 2 7171717