Re: (PM) Two weeks later, and still no working ComOS

Florian Lohoff (flo@mini.gt.owl.de)
Fri, 17 Jul 1998 01:25:16 +0200

On Fri, Jul 17, 1998 at 12:32:17AM +0200, Olaf Klein wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm now waiting for a bug-free ComOS with K56Flex-Support for 15 months.

Meanwhile others do V.90 ... (Not mentioning the features others have i like
to have, remote dial out configuration via radius (Ascend) etc)

> What do I have to do? Shoot the complete development crew, that real
> programmers get their fingers on the source?

:) Could get worse ... Microsoft engineers could get their fingers
on the code ...

> For now, I suggest everyone to buy another terminal-Server than
> PM [234].

Yup ... just trying to get a Max4k ...

What i do not understand is that they have the time to develop and bugfix
some Java pmconsoles because java is "hip" at the moment and i can
only use it to see my PM3 rebooting :) I need a stable new modem code,
with V.34(+), KFlex, V.90 (Alle brands of chips) working. And more
important a stable ComOS ... what helps V.90 if the users get thrown
off with a rebooting Box ... :(

They do to less stabilize phases and/or releases.

Livingston/Lucent: Publish early and often.

Flo

--
Florian Lohoff		flo@mini.gt.owl.de      	+49-5241-470566