RE: (PM) OSPF question

Josh Richards (jrichard@livingston.com)
Wed, 1 Jul 1998 23:57:17 -0700 (PDT)

On 24 Jun 1998, Mikael Hugo wrote:

> If you are using a dial on demand location the route should remain in
> that unit.

Correct.

> Dial on demand with multichassis pm3s are broken though.
>
> If you open one channel on one box, and then another on the other it
> keeps trying to establish a third connection on the first box under
> heavy line load.

What? This doesn't make any sense. With a location, you can't even
_dial_ out the separate channels from different boxes so how can this be a
problem (or even occur)? I'm not quite sure I understand you here. MCPPP
is only for dialin, not dialout. How are you even getting it to use a
channel on different chassis for the connection?

> Also the connection fails if you connect with one line to the second
> box. It establishes an Vx mcppp session but with no line on box 1 with
> the location.
>
> Really nasty and really broken.

You are dialing *OUT* from the PM-3 and getting it to use a second channel
in the bundle that is on a totally different chassis?? AFAIK you can't
even DO THIS so I'd be interested in how you got it to do this in the
first place. ;-)

> I opened a ticket with livingston, but have as usual not heard a word in
> quite a while.

Follow-up with whomever issued the ticket to you if an issue is still
affecting you and you do not feel it has been addressed. They don't
forget but they do get busy sometimes. Ask to get it escalated if you
feel it requires it.

-jr

----
Josh Richards - <jrichard@livingston.com> - <josh@lucent.com>
[Beta Engineer] - LUCENT Technologies - Remote Access Business Unit
<URL:http://www.livingston.com/> * <URL:http://www.lucent.com/dns/>