Re: (PM) How to connect PM3 to Ascend Max

Josh Richards (jrichard@livingston.com)
Tue, 30 Jun 1998 15:47:25 -0700 (PDT)

On 27 Jun 1998, Krzysztof Adamski wrote:

> I'm trying to connect to a max from the PM3, I have a P50 that is
> currently doing the connection, but in the new location I can't get bri so
> I have to use the PM.

OK.

> Anyways, the max end expects CHAP only, I have tried location with no
> script, with script and with v25bis. I can connect just fine, but the

What does the location configuration on the PM-3 look like?

> problem is that the max is showing my connection as the IP of the PM and
> not the name that I send to it. Without the name the RADIUS server is

Are you saying the CHAP'ed named has the IP address rather then the system
name or what? I'm sorry, this is unclear.

> not giving the routes for my network to the max. Looking at the PPP
> debug from my end, the name is used, but even if I use xyz as the name
> it stil connects. Where is the problem, on the max or PM side?

Can you give us the PPP output (from the PM-3)?

-jr

----
Josh Richards - <jrichard@livingston.com> - <josh@lucent.com>
[Beta Engineer] - LUCENT Technologies - Remote Access Business Unit
<URL:http://www.livingston.com/> * <URL:http://www.lucent.com/dns/>