Re: (PM) Fwd: signing on

Josh Richards (jrichard@livingston.com)
Tue, 30 Jun 1998 15:43:43 -0700 (PDT)

On 30 Jun 1998, PM3 Helpline wrote:

> this is the exact message I get from my users... I am using b15 on the
> portmaster 3 he dials into. is this my problem...
>
> adam
>
> >Date: Sun, 28 Jun 1998 22:28:09 -0400
> >From: Rich Arsenault <richerich@integrityonline11.com>
> >To: Adam R-IOL Scheblein <adam@integrityonline11.com>
> >Subject: signing on
> >
> >Hey Adam wassss'up long time. I'll be disconnecting earthlink at the end
> >of the month (I've been using it up till now) When ever on sign on with
> >IOL it always says bad username or password and then the next time it
> >will usally sign on do you know why this happens, it happens ever time i
> >try to sign on.
> > any idea when you will upgrade to v.90

Do a PPP debug. This is pretty standard practice in diagnosing this type
of problem. On the PM do a "set debug 0x51" and run it through the
decode. Similarly if you are using RADIUS run the RADIUS daemon with -x
(debug) turned on and see how the auth ack/nak looks.

Regardless, without knowing the OS this person is using it is really hard
to say anything else. It most likely is actually something on their
computer. Like an invalid script, old username/password saved, etc.

-jr

----
Josh Richards - <jrichard@livingston.com> - <josh@lucent.com>
[Beta Engineer] - LUCENT Technologies - Remote Access Business Unit
<URL:http://www.livingston.com/> * <URL:http://www.lucent.com/dns/>