Re: (PM) Radius using the /passwd file

Thomas C Kinnen (tom@lcp.livingston.com)
Tue, 30 Jun 1998 05:48:09 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 30 Jun 1998 pm2e@digigate.net wrote:

> I intent to move a pm2e auth to a radius server on linux redhat
> 4.2. I would like to use the /etc/passwd file. My question is
> that i have a some accounts on the server that I only want
> to provide them with email service and NO dialup services.
> How will the PM2e recognize this ?? I suppose of the shell eyy ??

How are you providing e-mail only? PPP or is this an aditional pop
account for an existing dial up.

For the first you can place them in a group called mailonly and then use a
default entry in your users file with a group check item that applies a
filter limiting them to access on certian hosts on ports needed for POP3,
SMTP, and DNS.

For the second you can use Auth-Type = Reject

----
Thomas C Kinnen - <tom@hcp.livingston.com>
[Test Engineer] - LUCENT Technologies - Remote Access Business Unit
<URL:http://www.livingston.com/> * <URL:http://www.lucent.com/dns/>