Re: (PM)PMMON alternative

Dave Cates (livingston@3lefties.com)
Mon, 22 Jun 1998 14:01:26 -0600

At 01:36 PM 6/22/98 -0500, you wrote:
>At 09:52 AM 6/22/98 -0500, you wrote:
>> I have 2 PM-2e running ComOS 3.7.2 and I would like to know if anyone
>> has any experience with a less expensive alternative to PMMON?
>
>to do everything pmmon does, and more. I've been working on a few myself
>(teaching myself perl in the process). Right now, I just have a small
>script that is pretty much like pmwho. Hey, I dont know perl, and I thought
>it was a good start. I used snmp for gathering all the information. I'm not
>a big fan of writting down passwords, and I really get uptight about
>keeping them stored in files. Anyways, if you or anyone else is interested
>let me know, and I'll polish the script up and give out.

I have done the samething basically, but I quit working on it as things got
busy here. I am in the process of working to learn more perl to be able to
work out some of the bugs. The problem I was having was going across pm's
and having an exempt that would work. One good thing would be for all of
us in the PM world to work on something together rather than all of us
reinventing the wheel.

DAve

>-
>To unsubscribe, email 'majordomo@livingston.com' with
>'unsubscribe portmaster-users' in the body of the message.

Thanks in advance,
Dave Cates
I-NET of New Mexico
http://www.3lefties.com