Re: (PM) Mailing list devalued

Brian Elfert (brian@citilink.com)
Fri, 19 Jun 1998 17:43:54 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 19 Jun 1998, Jake Messinger wrote:

> This is my first posting on the v.90 moaning...
>
> On Fri, 19 Jun 1998, Brian Elfert wrote:
>
> > If you believe the Livingston website, the PM3 already supports V.90. So,
> > according to the web site, the PM3 does officially support V.90.
>
> How can it "OFFICIALLY" support v.90 when V.90 is not OFFICIAL yet?

I haven't looked at the main page of the web site for a few weeks. There
was a big thing about V.90 support a few weeks ago.

There is still a press release about V.90 compatability with 3Com modems
that was issued before even the first V.90 beta was released. The press
release made it sound like V.90 was already supported.

Brian