Re: (PM) V.90 bitching (fwd)

John W Baxter (jwblist@olympus.net)
Sat, 13 Jun 1998 12:14:34 -0700

At 1:43 -0700 6/13/98, MegaZone wrote:
>No, we do NOT have a standard protocol. We have a *proposal*. Keep in mind
>the final standard MAY BE DIFFERENT. No one can say, they may make changes
>before ratifying the standard.

True, although it's rather rare for ITU standards to change technically
(commas and fly specks don't count) between being "determined" and being
ratified. This one could certainly be one of the exceptions, as it
happened rather rapidly (the "my company first" talks before December
really don't count for much).

--John (Yes, sometimes a comma changes the technical meaning: THEN it
counts)

--
John Baxter   jwblist@olympus.net      Port Ludlow, WA, USA
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day.  Teach him to fish,