Re: (PM) Stuck Modems on PM2E

Chad Scott (chads@livingston.com)
Mon, 8 Jun 1998 14:40:32 -0700 (PDT)

On 8 Jun 1998, Chad Schwartz wrote:

> Jake, thats definitely asking for a religious war. :) I personally think
> that USR MP/8's and MP/16's are *VERY* good modem racks. But, there are
> always going to be people that disagree with that. (Especially the 100%
> anti-USR people. There are quite a few of those.)

I don't consider myself 100% anti-USR, since I use a USR Courier at home
to dial into just about everything. I've become quite disatisfied with
USR's (now 3com's) customer service method (which seems to be none
whatsoever).

Anyway, I had nothing but problems with the MP/16s when I had them. The
power supplies get hot and freak out which causes a whole card (8 modems)
to go dead. This happens more on the older models than the newer ones...
I haven't played with the most recent "improved" models.

Just my $.02.