Re: (PM) supra 56e -> pm3

Tom Cramer (tcramer@iex.net)
Fri, 05 Jun 1998 22:42:11 -0600

At 12:16 PM 6/5/98 , you wrote:
>PM3-2T, ComOS 3.7.2c3, 2 PRI, DMS-100, no padding
>Diamond SupraExpress 56e, firmware 1.000-03 K56_DLS
>MacOS 8.0, OT/PPP
>
>Does anyone have any experience with this particular modem? One of our
>customers is unable to connect higher than 26400 to our PM3, over lines
>that Ameritech swears up and down are clean (no grounds, no MUX, etc.).
>The modem appears to initially attempt a K56flex connection, but backs
>down to v.34 eventually.

I also had a similar problem with a SupraExpress 56i SP running on
Windows95. I tried the suggestion on Diamonds site to add &F2W2S202=32 to
my INIT string. Before adding it, my modem would negotiate twice before
connecting anywhere between 26.4 and 31.2k. Now it always connects at 42k
(but always renegotiates every 5 or so mins). Is there a way someone has
found to reduce or eliminate renegotiation? I wouldn't mind a lower speed
to get rid of then even.

Tom Cramer
IEX