Motorola was > Re: (PM) supra 56e -> pm3

Ken Tyler (devin@nacs.net)
Sat, 6 Jun 1998 00:59:30 -0400 (EDT)

OK, hwere is the story. I have been playing with Kflex and
all the strings, but the real point is the modem not being
able to do the high speed. I have been watching one user who
was allways getting 50,000 downstream and 28,800 upstream.
He never gets one retrain or renegotiations, I know this
because we run PM3's. So, I sent him mail and asked what
type of modem he had. He said Motorola Modemsurfer External.
You can try at+ms=56,1,300,44000 or
42000 or anything above or below
to make it stop retraining. ALSO, this helps alot. Issue ATM0
and save it so the modems speaker is turned off, the volume
being off is not good, it must be hardware deactivated.

I started at at+ms=56,1,300,57600 and worked my way down
to 42000 then after few months I was able to get on at
44000 without retrains. Dunno, I hope v.90 fixes this.

Ken Tyler

xx314@po.INS.CWRU.Edu         <Primary sysop of the Cleveland Area>
aa808@po.INS.CWRU.Edu			bx226@po.cwru.edu
ac181@freenet.HSC.Colorado.EDU          ab140@swrl36.calstate.edu