Re: (PM) AT&T WinModem

Josh Richards (jrichard@livingston.com)
Thu, 4 Jun 1998 18:34:55 -0700 (PDT)

On 3 Jun 1998, John Nowack wrote:

> >Are you using ChoiceNet to set a filter for this user? I found that if a
> >user has a filter specified, and the PM has to ask ChoiceNet for it, and
> >if neither ChoiceNet server respond, the connection will just sit there in
> >"CONNECTING" state indefinitely.
> James,
> You were right. I had put a filter on this user (little wannabe hacker
> d00d). It was not in the file of filters I have that I use with pmcommand
> to set up a new box.
>
> Now, here is the interesting part. I replaced that PM3 with another PM3,
> but I didn't load *any* filters into the PM. The user was able to log
> in.

OK, but did the other PM have a ChoiceNet server even configured? Most
likely not. It is shown under a "show global".

> I thought the normal behavior was if a filter was specified, but didn't
> exist it was ignored.

Correct, AFAIK.

-jr

----
Josh Richards - <jrichard@livingston.com> - <josh@lucent.com>
[Beta Engineer] - LUCENT Technologies - Remote Access Business Unit
<URL:http://www.livingston.com/> * <URL:http://www.lucent.com/dns/>