Re: (PM) AT&T WinModem

John Nowack (john@tremont.dpc.net)
Wed, 3 Jun 1998 13:50:21 -0500

>On Tue, 2 Jun 1998, John Nowack wrote:
>| At that point sho mx shows the modem "Active", and show sx shows the
>| status "Connecting." No more packets are sent, but the line will stay
>| up until the user drops it from his end (I had him sit for minutes like
>| this).
>
>Are you using ChoiceNet to set a filter for this user? I found that if a
>user has a filter specified, and the PM has to ask ChoiceNet for it, and
>if neither ChoiceNet server respond, the connection will just sit there in
>"CONNECTING" state indefinitely.
Nope. Nothing special here. The only change between this user working
and not working (I know -- no users ever tells the truth when asked if
he changed anything on his end) is we switched from a PM2E to a PM3.
His problems coincided exactly with the changeover. Except he claims that
he can no longer connect to one of our other PM3s that he used for a few
days after this started. I have not watched him log into the other PM3,
so I can't verify it.

John

--
John Nowack