Re: (PM) nbuffs

Jeff Haas (jmh@mail.msen.com)
Wed, 3 Jun 1998 13:06:50 -0400

On Tue, Jun 02, 1998 at 05:06:03PM -0700, Josh Richards wrote:
> Judging by the lower number of I/O packets and the high number of Resets
> you have an extremely saturated ethernet. If the ethernet interface has
> to reset too many times the box will reboot since it thinks something is
> wrong (because the interface keeps wedging).

Ah!

A useful thing to know. If this in a FAQ anywhere?

(If this isn't already there.)
RFE: Beacon to console or to syslog that the interface has been
reset and the box is rebooting for this reason.

--
Jeffrey Haas -+- jmh@msen.com -+- http://www.msen.com/~jmh
/\/\sen, Inc. "Michigan's Best Run Internet Service Provider."