Re: (PM) PM Console & IRX

Karl Denninger (karl@Mcs.Net)
Wed, 3 Jun 1998 09:01:05 -0500

On Wed, Jun 03, 1998 at 08:52:06AM -0500, John Nowack wrote:
> >On Tue, 2 Jun 1998, John Nowack wrote:
> >> consume 32MB of RAM on my desktop machine) and (usually) faster. Yes,
> >> Amber is nice, the graphics are spiffy (really), and it works well. But
> >> when I am 30 miles away trying to get a dead box running, I don't care if
> >> I can see the blinky lights on the modem page, I just need to reload the
> >> ComOS.
> >
> >If all you are doing is reloading a comos, why not use pminstall for your
> >platform? or does it not work either?
> Maybe I read too much into Andy's (?) note, but isn't pminstall part of
> the pmconsole set? That is where I have always gotten it before. Don't
> tell me I flew off the handle for nothing, wasted a perfectly good rant
> and now need a foot-ectomey.

"tftp get comos tftp-server-name filename-on-server"

>From the COMOS command line.

Screw the PMCONSOLE nonsense; I've had it fail and leave me fsck'd more
times than I can count.

Karl Denninger (karl@MCS.Net)| MCSNet - Serving Chicagoland and Wisconsin
http://www.mcs.net/          | T1's from $600 monthly / All Lines K56Flex/DOV