Re: (PM) PM3 Multilink Problems

Josh Richards (jrichard@livingston.com)
Mon, 1 Jun 1998 14:15:33 -0700 (PDT)

On 30 May 1998, Robert Hough wrote:

> I have a slight problem, maybe someone knows how to fix. We are running
> a PM3 with ComOS 3.8b15, it seems to do 33.6, 56k, and 1B channel
> connections just fine. However, when we attempt to connect with 2B
> channels, we lose connection after 3 minutes. I thought at first it
> might be a session timeout somewhere. Our radius entries looked ok, and
> there are no time-out's set on any of the ports... Does anyone know what
> I can do to solve this problem? Our main reason for getting the PM3 was
> so we could offer 56k, 1B, and 2B connections all on the same box.

I assume by 2B you mean MP (and not EQL). Anyhow, are both connected
ports getting assigned the same IP address (they should)? What is the
client dialing in with? Make sure they are set for MP, not MP+ or
similar. Did you see the same behavior with 3.7.2c3 (e.g. non-beta
release)? What does the disconnect reason show as and do both ports
disconnect at the same time?

-jr

----
Josh Richards - <jrichard@livingston.com> - <josh@lucent.com>
[Beta Engineer] - LUCENT Technologies - Remote Access Business Unit
<URL:http://www.livingston.com/> * <URL:http://www.lucent.com/dns/>