Re: (PM) PM3 "S32 Stopped too long-flushing packet queue"

NOT a LE employee (livingston@iav.com)
Wed, 27 May 1998 14:38:45 -1000 (HST)

On Wed, 27 May 1998, Stephen Zedalis wrote:

> Tim,
> Sherwood correctly gave you alot of things to look at. They all
> had one thing in common... Look at her machine and her modem. Instead
> of doing that, you seem to be trying to fix the problem from the telco
> side of things (I guess thats natural considering who you are...). But
> the problem may be at her end. Where we are at, we ask the customer to
> bring the computer and modem in where we can test it on known good lines.
> If the problem still exists, it is with the customer's hardware/software
> and we go from there. If the problem disappears, we look at the phone
> lines starting at her end of the connection (her locations, internal
> wiring - other devices on the line, and work out to the box etc.)

8) Thanks Stephen...

well, like you said the telco lines look fine...

Tim, I would do as Stephen suggested and see what is running on her
computer.

If she's running a slow computer and active desktop well that's a bad
combo ... also see if the port speeds set for win matches... 57600 would
be a minimum...

--
Aloha from Paradise,

Sherwood