Re: (PM) Major Problems with connections!!!

Chad Scott (chads@livingston.com)
Fri, 22 May 1998 14:07:35 -0700 (PDT)

On 22 May 1998, Robert H. Clugston wrote:

> I'm having a problem. My customers are getting disconnected after about
> 5mins. This started happening around 12:00 last night. When users are
> disconnected the reason given the radius logs is "idle-timeout". No changes
> have been made to the radius setup and the server has been restarted.

They're sitting idle beyond the idle timer you've set (either in RADIUS or
on the PM itself) and the PM is disconnecting them.

What are your idle timers set to?

> Another thing I noted is that connection speeds are generally lower and
> there our some strangely high connects (before today the fastest we've seen
> was 48k and someone connected at 50k this morning.)

I'd say you don't have a phone company problem if you're seeing 50k
connections. The low connect speeds are likely due to the client side
modem.

What version of ComOS are you running?

Chad Scott
Beta Engineer