Re: (PM) Re: [E106673] 3.8b15 missing "help set user-netmask"

Jeff Haas (jmh@mail.msen.com)
Fri, 22 May 1998 11:23:10 -0400

On Thu, May 21, 1998 at 11:00:38PM -0400, Rick Smith wrote:
> another little petty thing... but would be REALLY nice.
> we have multiple portmasters in one pop, and in the process
> of trying to organize our racks, trying to figure out which
> one is which is really a pain in the butt. A speaker in the
> machine with REALLY simple 'beep' code would be a nice addition.

Good grief.

Go buy yourself one of the fancy Brother label guns. They're
pretty, they ooh ahh your customers. They just need to issue glow
in the dark labels. However, the white ones glow nicely under
black light.

Then again, you could always request Livingston to implement
HCF. This would let you figure out which Portmaster you
ran the command on, and let Livingston sell more Portmasters.

> At least then the portmasters can be labelled by sound instead
> of loss of power / ethernet ;)

You might as well use braille.

--
Jeffrey Haas -+- jmh@msen.com -+- http://www.msen.com/~jmh
/\/\sen, Inc. "Michigan's Best Run Internet Service Provider."