Re: (PM) No "Help"

John Storms (jstorms@livingston.com)
Fri, 22 May 1998 08:14:26 -0700

The file in the portmaster containing the help (hfile) is not there. When
the PortMaster is upgraded the last file to be sent is the hfile. If your
upgrade were to be aborted for any reason before this file it would not be
loaded onto the PortMaster. It is possible for the PortMaster to function
normally without this file, but I would recommend reloading the ComOS to
make sure you didn't miss any other more critical files.

At 08:52 PM 5/20/98 -0700, R Gibbons wrote:
>I just logged on to one of our PM3's. Our PM3's are running 3.8b15.
>On this PM3 I did a "help". This is what I got :
>
>PM5> help
>Help file open failed (hfile)
>Invalid command. Use 'help ' for assistance.
>
>On another PM3 I did the same thing (3.8b15 again) and got this :
>
>PM6> help
>add - Add entry to table ptrace - Trace packet traffic
>attach - Connect direct to port quit|exit - Quit console
>etc....
>
>Has anybody else had a problem with the 3.8b15 help file? Any ideas on
>what the problem might be on PM5.
>
>Rich Gibbons
>EmpireNet Inc.
>
>-
>To unsubscribe, email 'majordomo@livingston.com' with
>'unsubscribe portmaster-users' in the body of the message.

---
jstorms@livingston.com
Diplomacy:  The art of saying good doggie
while seaching for a big rock.