Re: (PM) How far off is the next 3.8beta

Jeff Haas (jmh@mail.msen.com)
Fri, 22 May 1998 11:26:30 -0400

On Thu, May 21, 1998 at 06:58:58PM +0200, Ralf Sauther wrote:
> On Thu, 21 May 1998, Jake Messinger wrote:
> > Why is anyone still running slip? How hard is it to switch them to PPP? or
> > is there some advantage to slip?
>
> Most of them are running older implementations of Linux with broken PPP
> or other exotic platforms, which only have SLIP-support in it.

Different answer here:

Most of our SLIP users are running Suns and don't want to pay for
the PPP module and don't have the expertise to go out, grab
the Morningstar package and compile it.

The old adage: It ain't broken, don't fix it.

--
Jeffrey Haas -+- jmh@msen.com -+- http://www.msen.com/~jmh
/\/\sen, Inc. "Michigan's Best Run Internet Service Provider."