Re: (PM) Couldnt save.

Josh Richards (jrichard@livingston.com)
Tue, 12 May 1998 19:15:11 -0700 (PDT)

On 12 May 1998, Jake Messinger wrote:
> On Tue, 12 May 1998, Luis Miguel Arteaga Mej=EDa wrote:
> >
> > I have problems right now with a Livingston PortMaster 2eR, wich is
> > totally configurable and totally functional, except for not being able
> > to save ANY configuration at all.=20
> > prompt > save snmp
> > Couldnt save snmp table
>=20
> Turn on the 072 debug:
>=20
> set debug 0x72,=20
>=20
> then do the save snmp and see if it gives you a write error. If so, that
> means one of the flash chips is blown and youll need to replace the
> motherboard. we can do that for you OR Livingston has a flat rate repair
> rate for that of $500 (I think). Id call em to verify tho.

It may also mean a full flash although that should be extremely rare,
unless he has a billion[1] locally defined users or something.

[1]Well, ok, not a billion, in the hundreds more realistically if I
remember right.=20

-jr
----
Josh Richards - <jrichard@livingston.com> - <josh@lucent.com>
[Beta Engineer] - LUCENT Technologies - Remote Access Business Unit
<URL:http://www.livingston.com/> * <URL:http://www.lucent.com/dns/>