Re: (PM) Signal "busy" but enough lines!?

Xavier Mertens (xavier@euro.net)
Tue, 12 May 1998 08:06:09 +0200 (MET DST)

On Mon, 11 May 1998, Thomas Kinnen wrote:

> On Mon, 11 May 1998, Xavier Mertens wrote:
>
> > The problem is that some modem users receive a busy signal when dialing
> > the cascade but I'm 100% sure that we still have free channels
> > (I asked my telco op. to check and we never go over 80% of used lines)
> > What can be the problem? Some defect modem cards? Telco bottleneck? ...
>

> Is it a normal Busy or a Fast Busy? If the telco does not have enough
> free trunks you can get a busy even if the PM has free modems.

Helas, it's a normal busy... The telco has been warned, he checked and
found nothing! :-(

                                         .   .
Xavier Mertens,                     .     EuroNet Internet
Network Operation Center          .       Lozenberg, 22
                                 .        1932 Zaventem
E-mail: xavier@euro.net         .         Tel: +32 2 7171701