Re: (PM) Bay Networks ARN into PM3

Josh Richards (jrichard@livingston.com)
Sat, 9 May 1998 02:04:29 -0700 (PDT)

On 4 May 1998, Richard Lennerts wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Has anyone had any luck configuring a Bay Networks ARN router with an
> ISDN S/T module using PAP to log into a PM3.
>
> So far I have got the PAP authentication working but it fails to get
> through IPCP negotiation.
>
> Has anyone got any idea?

If it is failing during IPCP, then it is most likely an IP address
configuration conflict (one side thinks one thing, the other wants another
and doesn't want to change its mind). A "set debug 0x51" and the output
put through the PPP decoder on our web site (under Debug Tools) will tell
you right away what is going on.

-jr

----
Josh Richards - <jrichard@livingston.com> - [Beta Engineer]
LUCENT Technologies - Remote Access Business Unit
(formerly Livingston Enterprises, Inc.)
http://www.livingston.com/