Re: (PM) PM messages...

Josh Richards (jrichard@livingston.com)
Sat, 9 May 1998 01:51:27 -0700 (PDT)

On 8 May 1998, Alejandro wrote:

> What the following messages means?
>
> 1 - flushing packet queue port s13

The byte queue on that port filled (e.g: we couldn't send any data to them
and the queue filled up eventually). Flow-control was on too long or
something else occurred that stopped the data flow entirely and we had
nowhere to send the data.

> 2 - W1 DMA: receive buffer full

Just that--the receive buffer filled. The W1 port got extremely busy. If
you are getting this message, make sure you have upgraded to the latest
ComOS revision (3.7.2c3 for PM-3 and 3.7.2 for all other platforms) as
there was a bug on the Sync ports somewhere around 3.5 I think. Otherwise
this is just high utilization of the port.

> 3 - S13: LCP Re-opening

I *think* this means that the LCP phase was restarted, so we are ready to
being LCP negotiation again. Either the remote requested it or some other
circumstances made us force it. I'm too tired to think about PPP state
machines right now so I'm *not* going to say this is a fact, though.

-jr

----
Josh Richards - <jrichard@livingston.com> - [Beta Engineer]
LUCENT Technologies - Remote Access Business Unit
(formerly Livingston Enterprises, Inc.)
http://www.livingston.com/