Re: (PM) Bandwidth restriction (fwd)

Xavier Mertens (xavier@euro.net)
Wed, 6 May 1998 13:34:11 +0200 (MET DST)

On Tue, 5 May 1998, MegaZone wrote:

> Once upon a time Xavier Mertens shaped the electrons to say...
> >I've a IRX with a 128Kb leased line connected to it.
> >For different reason, I would like to restrict the bw at max 64K (or less)
> >How can I do that on the IRX side?
>
> You can't. Bandwith is determined SOLELY by the line clocking.

And is it possible to restrict some traffic? for ex., less HTTP but more
SMTP, etc... Via filters?

BTW, Is there some site where I can find filter libraries?

                                         .   .
Xavier Mertens,                     .     EuroNet Internet
Network Operation Center          .       Lozenberg, 22
                                 .        1932 Zaventem
E-mail: xavier@euro.net         .         Tel: +32 2 7171701