Zoom v1.2 Problems ((PM)FREE ZOOM MODEM)

R Gibbons (rkg@empirenet.com)
Sat, 28 Feb 1998 14:14:37 -0800 (PST)

We received ours several weeks ago as well. I've been seeing
some real problems with the 1.2 firmware. I have several
customers who continually get dropped. They cannot maintain
reliable connection >36K. One user was very torqued has he
was getting dropped 5-6 times an hour. Another user contacted
Zoom. Zoom contacted me and I set them up with a temp account
on our PM3 for diagnostics. Zoom is apparently very aware of
the 1.2 problem. I have not heard anything back. Does anyone
else have info about what the status is on fixing the 1.2
problem?

Rich Gibbons
EmpireNet Inc.