Re: (PM) OR-M and PCMCIA modems

David Giller (dave@pdx.net)
Sat, 28 Feb 1998 16:34:19 -0800

Stephen Fisher wrote:
> Can the OR's do multi-link ppp? Certainly they do or are planned to?
> Otherwise, it sure would be hard to make sure that both modems landed on the
> same Portmaster on the other end to do Livingston's multi line load
> balancing.

They do not and are not planned to. However, I didn't think about that..
do PM3s only do multichassis when using MP? Not Livingston multiline
load balancing?

Most likely the client will want to use a pair of dedicated OR-Ms for this
scenario.

--
David Giller - (mailto:dave@pdx.net) - (http://pdx.net)
    Graydog Internet, Inc. - Portland Internetworks