Re: (PM) OSPF and assymetric routing

Jon Lewis (jlewis@inorganic5.fdt.net)
Wed, 25 Feb 1998 10:35:14 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 25 Feb 1998, Scott Rosen wrote:

> However, in the case of the cablemodem, we need that address to be
> routed to a different place. So, when a packet comes into our
> border router, we need to be sure that it is routed to the
> cable office (over a frame relay circuit we have) and not back to the
> portmaster.

Do you have gated on any of your systems? If you can get the PM to export
OSPF routes with a larger metric, you might be able to have gated on one
of your systems import these routes, and then export them back into OSPF
with the cable system as next hop with a lower metric. This is uglier
than just telling the PM not to export certain routes...but might work.