Re: (PM) Postscript format of new manuals

Jason Fesler (jfesler@calweb.com)
Tue, 24 Feb 1998 10:30:01 -0800

From: R Gibbons <rkg@empirenet.com>

>For now Lucent should post the new manuals (e.g the NEW
>Routing Manual) in PDF. This postscript crap is for the
>birds.

For what it's worth:

Adobe Acrobat Distiller. Converts any postscript file, to PDF, and from
there, you can do anything you want with it (print, view any/all of it,
search it, etc). And, it's by Adobe, so the postscript interpreter *works*
(may ghostscript rot in hell, it fails on more documents for me than it
works on).

Once distilled, anyone with the PDF viewer can view it. I was the first
person to take the .ps documents and give them back to Carl Rigney as PDF.
Since then, they've been producing their own PDF's. I publicly thank Carl
for letting me do so, and Livingston in general for producing PDF's on
their own now :-).

1 set of books per location are great, all the same, I use the PDF's more
than anything :-).