Re: (PM) Boardwatch and my previous email

NOT a LE employee (livingston@iav.com)
Mon, 23 Feb 1998 19:01:29 -1000 (HST)

On Mon, 23 Feb 1998, Joe Sasek wrote:

> Portmaster-Users,
>
> Last post from me on this I promise ;-)

[snip]

> I _am_ concerned about the supposed methodology of the soon to be published
> Boardwatch testing of X2 and K56Flex, which promises to be an interesting
> event ;-) I am very interested in the facts being told accurately (as is
> Jack), and hope that we can work together to insure that this is exactly
> what happens!

What I don't understand is the over-scrutinization of X2 vs K56Flex... As
I've pointed out before, my take is that it's a non-item to me.... pardon
the language, but 'who gives a shit?' v.90 is around the corner...

For Jack... I think this was a matter of getting too emotionally involved
with the attacks on your methods etc. ;) hey, I know you should be used to
it... but why do a test on X2 vs K56Flex when v.90 was imminent.

Joe, perhaps you should check with overall management to see how you will
be marketing the v.90... IOW, when will K56Flex be unsupported? I know
many ISPs still want K56Flex support, but at this time is it pragmatic to
support this as it seems the code will never be smoothed out completely.

Let's move ahead and look at what the REAL issues will be. How does v.90
work on the NAS/RAS... Why does it work/not work for some ISPs... Is it
a matter of vendor equipment or is it a telco issue. CT1 vs PRI
implementations. That's the kind of information I need that will be
pertinant to how I run my organization.

I try not to make many enemies... and feel that overall on the internet I
have VERY good relations with most. It just saddens me when it seems that
people get bent for the wrong things... I'm glad things have been talked
out and hope that all of us can work together to provide connectivity and
assistance so that everyone who does remote access for the Internet, BBS,
internal corporate environments can benefit.

8) peace, love, and granola...

--
Aloha from Paradise,

Sherwood