Re: (PM) Busy signal calling into 5-bri card. (fwd)

Derric Scott (dtscott@scott.net)
Sun, 22 Feb 1998 21:21:05 -0600 (CST)

> On Fri, 20 Feb 1998, MegaZone wrote:
>
> > Not on the PM, there is nothing to configure. But note that using a POTS
> > line to call a PM-2 5BRI will never work.
>
> Then you should ALWAYS get busy if you are dialing voice?

No... on a PM2 - 5BRI you should hear a tone when the PM2 answers (it is
looking for ISDN DOV for the voice call, I believe).

For the original poster - if you are using the B channels in a hunt, be
sure that the hunt is on the DATA channels and also be sure that the telco
has the Bs set for CSV=1, CSD=1 (Call Switched Data/Voice) otherwise the
hunting will never work.

By the way, I have a fully loaded and operational PM2ei (15 BRI ports) I
need to sell (have moved to PM3s). If anyone needs one (or just the cards)
let me know privately.

Later.

Derric

--
Derric Scott          Scott Network Services, Inc.         P. O. Box 361353
derric@scott.net           (205)987-5889               Birmingham, AL 35236