Re: (PM) Connect speeds dropping to 24kbps fixed with 3.7.2c3

Dick St.Peters (stpeters@NetHeaven.com)
Sun, 22 Feb 1998 17:20:02 -0500

Irve Towers writes:
> A few weeks back I posted that I had three brands of 56kflex modems that
> would all drop the connection speed down to 24kbps. Many responses
> indicated that this was quite impossible and that I surely was reading the
> numbers wrong.

I don't remember this thread, but we very definitely have had sessions
downshift this way. One dedicated-line client in particular was
seeing this a lot. He'd connect at 40+, some hours later he would
downshift to 26.4. Upgrading to 3.7.2c3 seems to have cured this for
him/us as well.

> Now if the PCM code would just upshift we would be in fat city.

Well, that same client of ours connected at 46k on Friday and is still
connected. He's at 48k now; a few minutes ago he was at 50k.

--
Dick St.Peters, stpeters@NetHeaven.com
Gatekeeper, NetHeaven, Saratoga Springs, NY, 1-800-910-6671 (voice)