(PM) Re: None

Norris Sydnor (nsydnor@capcity.com)
Sun, 22 Feb 1998 12:20:45 -0500

As a new PM3 user, I must throw my support behind your opinion on the
simultaneous user problem. This is something that should definitely be
included in the current Radius and not be used as a way to persuade a
customer to buy the ABM.

I hope Lucent will change their minds on this issue and fix what is
broken. Just my .02

Norris Sydnor
Capital City INternet

At 11:01 AM 2/22/98 -0600, you wrote:
> I saw the lowdown on the new PM4 at the Texas ISP Conference a couple of
>weeks ago. Its gonna be great for you people who like to be EXTRA dense. I
>like a more modular design , such as the size of the PM3. I think there is a
>race for who can pack the most ports in a single chassis, which creates a
>BIG point of failure. I am sorry but I dont want my dialin services relying
>on a single unit. What REALLY irks me is what they mentioned about RADIUS.
>The new Radius ABM ,which costs a pretty penny, will limit simultaneous
>logins, while the new free Livingston radius will not... that sux. I my
>opinion Livingston should strive to fix the fact that there CAN be
>simultaneous logins and recognize that instead of it being a feature that is
>not currently offered that it is really a serious BUG. I am sure that I am
>not alone in saying that is 1 thing that I wished the Livingston radius did.
>I realize that their are other versions that do this .. but to me they dont
>handle interaction with the ComOS as well as Livingstons version.
>
>Daniel Henry
>Vice President / Systems Administrator
>Koyote Internet
>
>-
>To unsubscribe, email 'majordomo@livingston.com' with
>'unsubscribe portmaster-users' in the body of the message.

**************************************
CAPITAL CITY INTERNET
ADDRESS: 10111 MLK, JR. HWY.
SUITE 121F