Re: (PM) 56K & padding.

Doug Ingraham (dpi@rapidnet.com)
Tue, 17 Feb 1998 22:21:36 -0700 (MST)

On Tue, 17 Feb 1998, Zak Wolfinger wrote:

> We just brought up our first PM3. I am dialing into it with
> the wonderful Zoom modem I got from Lucent. I get only 44K
> every connection. I've heard on this list something about
> having the telco adjust the digital padding to get higher
> connects. Can anyone give me some more details on this (ie.
> how to tell if that is what I need, and what terminoligy to
> use when asking the telco to do it, etc).

If you are getting any Kflex connections then the digital padding is
correct. I only get 44K at my home. Others in our office get 50K from
their homes. The radius logs show that the peak of the bell curve is 46K
and we have about the same at 44 and 48 with a fast taper off on both
sides from there.

Doug Ingraham From the Ferengi Rules of Acquisition.
Rapid City, SD #34 "Peace is good for business."
USA #35 "War is good for business."