Re: (PM) PM2 to PM3 connection.

Doug Ingraham (dpi@rapidnet.com)
Tue, 17 Feb 1998 22:17:30 -0700 (MST)

On Tue, 17 Feb 1998, Zak Wolfinger wrote:

> I need to get confirmation that this will work. I have
> been fighting this issue for a couple weeks now with several
> lengthly calls to Lucent/Livingston tech support.
>
> I want my PM3 in a remote location to establish between 2
> and 4 B channel ISDN connections to my PM2 to provide
> Internet connectivity until my bandwidth is installed in the
> remote POP. I have come to the conclusion that this will
> NOT work with and external ISDN modem on a PM2E30 async port
> (B channels won't bond). If I buy a PM2E10 with a 5 BRI
> card, can the PM3 establish 2 to 4 B channels bonded with MP
> to the PM2BRI?

Correct, it will not work with an external ISDN modem if you want to bond
more than 2 channels. It will work with a 5BRI card. You can bond as
many as 10 channels with a single 5BRI card.

Doug Ingraham From the Ferengi Rules of Acquisition.
Rapid City, SD #34 "Peace is good for business."
USA #35 "War is good for business."