Re: More pet peeves (was (PM) PM3 and RJ45 with 4 wires?) (fwd)

Chris Adams (cadams@ro.com)
13 Feb 1998 16:13:51 GMT

According to Jake Messinger <jake@ams.com>:
>On Fri, 13 Feb 1998, MegaZone wrote:
>> Personally though I hate CD docs and will take a bound hardcopy any day.
>
>I can see why you and I are so fundamentally different? Youd rather have a
>book that can get ripped up, damaged due to coffee spills, etc.. over a
>SEARCHABLE electronic database that is accessible from ANYWHERE on the
>network that is sharing the CD?

Personally, I like both. I like having hardcopy that I lug around
anywhere and read. I like to read the manuals (when they are good, and
Livingston's are), but I don't like sitting at my computer and staring
at the screen for hours to read a "book".

On the other hand, you can't grep dead trees!

--
Chris Adams - cadams@ro.com
System Administrator - Renaissance Internet Services