Re: (PM) DIRECT DIAL-IN

NOT a LE employee (livingston@iav.com)
Thu, 12 Feb 1998 19:35:57 -1000 (HST)

On Thu, 12 Feb 1998, EML wrote:

> I am a newbie to this list and my apologies if i am asking something
> that might sound obvious to all of you.
>
> We have several Portmasters on our network, but now we are facing a
> completely different situation, which i havent found in any guide or
> manual.
>
> We intent to use PM3s for this job but i dont know if the equipment
> can really handle it in the way our people want it.

The equipment can handle it but the software may not.

> On an ISP connection, we want to make the dialin thru the PM3 but
> without any authentication, i mean users would be able to dial in
> without suplying any sort of login or passwords, as this service
> will have other way of charging.

Soooo, you have more than one type of route?

I imagine you have users coming in with User/Pass that go to some shell
servers or similar withOUT using PAP...

And now you want a no User/Pass PAP authentication to go to the Internet?

If you are using RADIUS to authenticate then you could do something like:

DEFAULT Framed-Protocol = PPP
.,
.,
.

DEFAULT Auth-Type = System
.,
.,
.

Which will let anyone on through PAP, well it should just bypass it and
just allow a connect. Then if they don't use PPP they get authenticated
versus the System password...

I'm setting up an OR with modem to play with RADIUS user files to do
different things and I'll test it out.

Now if this isn't what you need, GIVE ADEQUATE INFO!

;) hehe like how is it currently setup ComOS RADIUS version Authentication
method and a snip of your user file (after changing password info if any)

See, we can only help if we get enough background. Though sometimes it
sure is fun guessing!

8)

--
Aloha from Paradise,